Wednesday, May 12, 2010

How to remote control my lawnmower? I have futaba radio and receiver hooked to (ESC), but no reverse function?

I have two 12 v dc motors run off a car battery, continually charged by a car 50 amp alternator run by the 6.5 h.p. lawnmower engine. One motor driving each rear wheel. I am controlling with a ';Futaba'; transmitter and reciever through a 12-15 volt 50 amp electronic motor speed controller to the two motors. When I hooked it up for a first trial, it resulted in three problems. I'll list them in order of importance to me but anybody answering any of them will be GREATLY appreciately by me!


1. There is no reverse function


2. When I release the joystick on the transmitter and it springs back to center, the motor should stop right? It doesen't. It doesn't stop untill I push the lever all the way towards the opposite direction from which I want the motor to turn. Kinda like even if there was reverse, I wouldn't have enough joystick movement to reach it.


3. The motor speed controller has a ';BEC'; 3 v battery eliminator circuit. I still need to hook up my 4 cell battery pack to use it?. HELP!How to remote control my lawnmower? I have futaba radio and receiver hooked to (ESC), but no reverse function?
For part 3 - ';BEC'; or Barrety Elimination Circuitry (I think) is a wiring that takes power from the main battery (think of the main battery pack on an RC car) instead of needing a piggy back pack for the ESC, so as I understand it you need the 4 cell pack to run the ESC. If I could get a hands on ans actually see it that would probably help.
  • skin blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment