Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm no quarterback but how can I throw a football with control and power?

Even people smaller than me have a better arm.





Besides practice how can I improve the way I throw the ball?








And also...how bout them Panthers??I'm no quarterback but how can I throw a football with control and power?
work on technique. I'm a starting wide receiver for my middle school and I know my quarter back does nothing but throwing drills and he is very good





Good Luck!!!I'm no quarterback but how can I throw a football with control and power?
You want to put more emphasis on footwork. Basically drop back 3 steps and when you throw step your right foot forward if you are right handed (vice versa if you are left handed).
Practice throwing drills is the only way. There is no shortcut. Contrary to popular opinion, the power base for throwing a football correctly is not in the shoulder.


Find drills and practice these main things for power. (make sure you already have basic technique mastered)


1- from set position, make sure you take a short step with front foot towards taget


2- when foot plants, lead with the throwing elbow


3- Snap hips forward, pointing belt buckle towards target


4- Snap elbow and wrists when releasing the ball.


The throwing power comes from the waist, rotating the hips and transfering your weight forward
Practice is the only way.





Perhaps you would be better suited to another position.

No comments:

Post a Comment