Friday, January 22, 2010

1993 Toyota Camry - Brake light always on/No cruise control?

Hello all.





I've got a 1993 Toyota Camry V6 LE that's been treating me fairly well. Need to get new tires on it this week, but other than that it's running pretty good. There is only one problem with it though - I've noticed that the BRAKE light is constantly on, and my brakes were replaced in April or so. Here's an observation - When my brake light was NOT on, my cruise control would work. When going on Cruise Control, the brake light came on and the cruise control shut off. Now, the brake light is always on.





Anyone have any input as to what this could be? Bad vacuum hose? Need more brake fluid? If so, where so I add the brake fluid?1993 Toyota Camry - Brake light always on/No cruise control?
If you have anti lock rear brakes check the fuse. That is what is was on mine.1993 Toyota Camry - Brake light always on/No cruise control?
It is your brake pedal position switch, it is either bad/broken, or came loose from the mount. Look under your dash and follow the arm for the brake pedal, you should see a depression switch mounted to ride on the arm, if its not there, or hanging loose, that is your problem......

No comments:

Post a Comment