Friday, January 22, 2010

A feeling of having little or no immediate control of a situation makes me feel so rushed, why?

It's like something hard to explain. For example, whenever Im stressed with school I get this extreme rush in my stomach, flight of ideas in my head, and if I'm doing something else unrelated to whatever worries me it gets even worse...It's like something inside me telling me I should be focusing on solving my current worry rather than doing anything else with my time...This happens a lot. Even when I worry about work, friendships, my car, etcetc...it's very uncomfortable...what do you think makes me feel like this??A feeling of having little or no immediate control of a situation makes me feel so rushed, why?
Hi there,





I can really relate to this feeling and don't want to alarm you but it sounds like anxiety. I suffer with anxiety and exhibit the exact same feelings.





Anxiety, in some cases is very similar to depression which can result in feelings of guilt, which is the rushed feelings you get when you know you are meant to be doing something but have failed to complete it. You do tend to then become anxious about it.





Often when people are unaware they have anxiety the rushed feeling you are describing is the guilt associated with not having completed a task or feeling helpless in the event that the task is too overwhelming.





However, once the rushed feeling kicks in it can sometimes take over and interfere with applying ourselves to the task at hand which obviously just builds and can leave you feeling quite paralysed.





A positive for you is that you have identified this feeling is not quite right and also you have articulated it very well in writing which has allowed me to make comment.





In terms of solutions you can make an extra effort to get things done early, and don't be frightened to ask for assistance or help to get you through. This will relieve the rushed feeling as you are in control. Or if you feel that the rushed feeling is taking over to the point that it is really taking over your ability with day to day tasks, speak to your doctor about anti-anxiety medication. The symptoms can be easily reduced either way.





All the best.A feeling of having little or no immediate control of a situation makes me feel so rushed, why?
DlCKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment