Friday, January 22, 2010

Computer expert needed. My computer went out of control, scrolling to the bottom of the screen. I have no?

control of the computer at all. I tried doing a system restore, but the computer will do nothing I want it to. This is the weirdest thing. If I click on something, it opens it up 86 times one on top of the other. Does anyone know what this is and how to stop it? Norton anti virus says my computer has no virus. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.Computer expert needed. My computer went out of control, scrolling to the bottom of the screen. I have no?
I have to agree with the others. I've seen Norton ruin computers. Norton is the worst anti-virus product ever made. Norton acts more like a virus and entrenches itself deep into your system. The software will do more harm to your PC than good and when you to to remove it, it leaves behind over 375 traces in your registry files/folders and subsystem. You have to download their removal tool just to get it off of your system. You are much better off with a free anti-virus product.





NOD32 and Kaspersky are the best anti-virus applications and much better than the best sellers Norton and McAfee (recent tests at av-comparatives.org). If you want a free anti-virus, AVG, Avast! or AntiVir all are better than Norton (install only 1).





You also need anti-spyware protection. No single anti-spyware application is perfect so I recommend using at least 2 different programs. Spybot Search %26amp; Destroy is one of the best. I also recommend SUPERAntiSpyware. Other free anti-spyware programs would be Adaware, AVG Anti-spyware (formally Ewido), A-squared, Spyware Terminator and SpywareBlaster.





I strongly recommend using FireFox, it's a far better and safer alternative to Internet Explorer. If you add-on McAfee SiteAdvisor, it will warn you of potentially harmful sites. I also recommend CCleaner which is a free system optimization and privacy tool.Computer expert needed. My computer went out of control, scrolling to the bottom of the screen. I have no?
I'm not a computer expert, but I had this problem. First I don't like Norton anti virus, when this problem happened to me it was because one of the new definitions, an update that Norton performed caused it. I had recently re-registered my anti-virus, updated it, and one of the definitions was bad or infected. I got a new anti-virus program, after which it took forever just to get rid of Norton. I hope someone has a simpler answer for you, but I wanted to give you an idea of what it could be. There may even be info in google about Norton bad definitions. I'll keep looking and add links if I find them. Good luck.


BTW: I spoke to tech support at Norton, they blame Microsoft, and I went to Microsoft and they said it was Norton / Symantic.
first off, get rid of norton.. its ****.


get AVG, Ad Aware Se, and Spybot.


if none of those pick anything up just reformat if u know how if not get a friend that does im sure u know some1 who knows how. but yea i hate norton i used to use it aswell


good luck =)
try reinstalling windows and be careful next time you download something

No comments:

Post a Comment