Friday, January 22, 2010

I need to stop cutting but i have NO self-control?

i'm 13. i've been very depressed lately. i've started cutting (my leg so no one would ever find out) and i know it's unhealthy but now i can't really stop no matter how much i want to. and i mean even thinking about how the ugly scars will stay forever, and that i'll never be able to go swimming again or wear shorts, or the fact that if my cutting gets discovered that'll be another stupid problem my family doesn't need still isn't enough to quit cutting.





****** DO NOT CALL ME EMO, EMO IS BULLSHIT, AND EMO KIDS ARE WHINEY LITTLE BRATS WHO SLIT THEIR WRISTS FOR ATTENTION AND BAWL UNCONTROLLABLY*****





anyway any advice on how to stop would be appreciated, and no, i'm not telling anyone that i know about this nor do i want to.I need to stop cutting but i have NO self-control?
I'm 15, and I know exactly where you are. I've been there, and I'm still getting out of there. So if you're going to take advice from anyone, I'm the person.





What helped me slow down was seeing my best friend, and what I put her through. I finally saw her cry and the way she treated me after that wasn't the same, so I knew I had to do something. Everytime I felt like cutting I'd think of her voice going through my head over and over again like a broken record player..and it'd stop me.





and to be honest..I'd just cry myself to sleep..





Whenever you wanna cut think of someone you love, or go on the computer, or watch something funny on tv, or dance wildly to your favorite song, draw pictures, or just cry. Anything that helps you not cut.





BTW: dancing wildly is my favorite..





oh and...no need to take it out on the emos ;)


apparently they have enough on their plates..


haha.





well...


any more questions..please do ask..





oh and..


no..


maderma scar care or any other cream does not make scars go away. I've tried it.








Edit: your name is awesome...yay MCRI need to stop cutting but i have NO self-control?
we cannot offer you advice, because you need advice from a qualified mental health professional. you cannot stop when you probably do not know why you started. is it for attention, how do yu feel after you cut? how do you feel prior to cutting/ these are all question you need to be asked in order for a treatment plan to be developed, because you may stop for a little while, but something will trigger you and you will do it again.
Im not exactly sure how to help because I've never cut before, but you really need to tell someone, if you know it is wrong then it is, and I know it will be hard to stop, but going it alone won't help either, you need support, someone to talk to, to help you. Even if you don't want to tell anyone, denying the truth doesn't help. I would say going to the therapist would be the best idea. Im sorry i don't have any other ideas. I really hope you get better.
My sister used to cut, and her body looks absolutely disgusting now. When my family found out, it put my mom under a lot of stress and social services even came to my house.





Think about your family, don't be so selfish. Cutting isn't solving anything. You need to talk to your mom about getting a therapist.
well why are you cuttting? anyway when you cut look at the scars and be like';i dont whant that';an way the scars will go away you can get this cream ';they have it in pharmacys }its called like therema ccare i dont know=-)...be happy ..life ... is to short.....to...worry....and..be sad...smile!!!
You need to get some professional help. Does your school have a counselor you can talk to?





You *can* stop doing this - I have a friend who used to cut herself, and she hasn't done it in ages.
find out why ur depressed, if u dont know why, get counseling, it might help u learn why, if theres nothing it might be chemicals, so u might need meds 2 balance it. when ur not depressed anymore it might help u quit.
Hide or throw away all of your razes or cutting utensils. Thn you wont be temted. Scars are ugly and wont go away.
you need to get professional help. obviously you can't fix this on your own and there's nothing wrong with that.
Alright I know this will seem irresponsible but are you out of control or just causing minimal damage? I have scars over half my body from razor blades and other things but I was never trying to kill myself or anything, I only did it to relieve tension and it wasn't dangerous, it was very controlled. No, it's NOT ok but there are worse things. Most likely you will get past it the older you get. Maybe try to give yourself some incentive, like a reward if you go a day without cutting, then two days, then three days, you get the picture. Keep yourself busy, try to be active, get out of the house and just go for walks, keep your mind off it if you can. Write, focus energy on anything else you can (well not drugs or anything). It's really, really helpful to find a friend who would be there for you to talk to. I didn't quit until I bet my boyfriend I could go longer without cutting than he could go without a cigarette, it worked though, after a few months I didn't really even want to anymore. The important thing is that you are better than that, your body is beautiful and one day you really will wish those scars gone. Just hang in there and go one urge at a time. If you even go one time without cutting when you want to cut that's something to feel great about. And really you should try to talk to someone who wouldn't freak out about it if you can, I swear it helps. If you want ANYTIME you can always e-mail me.
I have never cut before but, I can give you some information to help you out.





Finding the reason you cut is not difficult. However, changing the behavior is difficult once your self-concept has bought the idea that you are a bad person or responsible for someone else's pain. I know that you do not want to hear this, but someone with this kind of serious behavior really needs to be seeking professional help. I understand that your family might not believe in it and being under age you do need their permission, but the facts are that force of will by you probably isn't going to be enough.





The danger is that often families with these types of problems don't seek out help until something serious happens and the law steps in. At times it is too late. I would hate to see anything really bad happening to you. Cutting yourself is serious business. I hope you try and talk with your family. They might surprise you. If that is too scary you might try and talk with a trusted teacher, friend, or religious leader that you are close to. They might be able to help get your family to look at the seriousness of the situation. Please, take control over your life, one day you are going to look back on those ugly bruises and think ';Why was I doing that?';






get someone to help you someone to talk to you someone that is willing to listen to you and that is what you want is to be herd. you have to love your self that is the bottom line contact me Duemo2@hotmail.com and I will talk to you my last girlfriend had the same problem and we had to get her help it was to late for her she is no more and that makes me said because I really loved her and I am so sorry she is gone. I will listen to you and help you if I can I will be the friend you need if you let me into your heart
You will be okay. I know growing-up is hard because i am 14. And i use to cut myself to. I will tell you how to stop, just think about a person you love and wouldn't want to make them mad or disappointed in you and think about them before you do it. I know its hard to live life but you have to realize that there are people who care about you and they would be disappointed in you if they saw the cuts on you. trust me they will find out if you keep on, the marks wont stay little forever. Email me @ kerns.stephanie@yahoo.com. I will talk to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment