Sunday, January 24, 2010

I want to stop eating fast food/drinking soda but I have no self control.?

I absolutely love soda, I drink it all day and I can't stand the thought of water, juice, milk, or tea. And I LOVE fast food. It's so easy and cheap and convenient and I really don't have any self control...I've wanted to stop eating it for a few years now, and I just can't. When I was a teenager it wasn't really a problem but now that I'm a little older the pounds are starting to come along with it. How can I get around my cravings and temptations.I want to stop eating fast food/drinking soda but I have no self control.?
Ease into avoiding fast food. Start by setting a goal of minimizing your fast food eating by maybe one meal or one item. Fast food is very appealing to the taste buds, and a rapid change will shock your body.





Try adjusting some of the fast food choices to healthier fast food items as you are making this transition. Try mixing a carbonated drink with a non-carbonated one while slowing making the combination from a lot of carbonation to the smallest amount.





Also, reward yourself when you accomplish a goal. Avoid rewarding yourself with food items. Instead, do something that is special to you.





Another thing that will help is to realize that you can and do have some self control. Look at points in your life where you feel like you have self control. See how this can apply to eating habits. For example, feel like I have self control when it comes to cheating. If I'm ever tempted to do something, in this case, eating fast food when I know I should avoid it, I can think, 'well, if I can have self control over cheating, I know I can have self control over eating.'





It may be a long and patience-necessary process to overcome fast food eating habits, but it will be well worth your while.





Good luck! :DI want to stop eating fast food/drinking soda but I have no self control.?
First.. switch to diet soda and you'll never go back.. just learn to like it. I can't even drink a regular soda now.. eeeek.


fast food? how about this.. I used to be 120 pounds 5'7';... now that i'm in my forties I am 140-150 lbs.. and still diet.!!!! The weight will catch up to you... good luck if you don't change.. I'll tell you this.. if you go on a detox diet.. like .. do south beach for a time .. you'll quit craving what you are craving. good luck
think of the soda like a horrid drug and everytime u drink it...it poisons ur liver..and think about fast food like this..think that the person making ur food has a bloody finger and some of the blood got into the food..that'll put u off it.
All i can say is this is the ONE thing that stops many people losing weight.





once you've lost the motivation fades... its only a matter of time.





The reason is because your doing it all wrong





check out website below - Only thing thats worked for me so far
Fill up with carrots and water first. Then you can go for a burger. All that soda will make your teeth thin (it's the acid).
I would pack a healthy lunch for work so you aren't eating take out. Try some unique and fun lunches that aren't the same old sandwich, variety will keep you from getting bored. Maybe an interesting salad in a plastic container or make your own chinese stir fry, healthy veggie %26amp; chicken pizza, homemade burrito, etc. Make a list of fun lunches to try and make your grocery list for that whole week. It will take you a few minutes at night to make the lunch and but you will save money in the long run and be healthier.





As far as junk food in the house, don't buy it, if it's not in the house you won't eat it! If you are still a teenager living at home tell your mom or dad whoever buys the groceries that you are trying to eat healthy and see if they will cut back on the junk food in the house or keep her own stash in a special cabinet.





Good luck! It takes some planning, but you will love your new lunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment