Sunday, January 24, 2010

How do I calm down in a bad situation? I have no self control?

I have extremely bad anger issues. When I get pissed off, I go absolutely crazy. And I can't remember anything afterwards, it's like I black out for a few minutes.


For example:


Little get together/party at my buddies house. We're drinking and talking, just having a good time. Then someone breaks out the boxing gloves. My buddy starts messing with me and saying ';come on, lets box.'; I didn't want to, I had a headache and was tired. He starts hitting me with a glove, trying to get me to fight. I start to get mad and start yelling at him. He keeps on egging me on. Then he punches me in the back of the head and says come on lets box. I go at him with no gloves and start hitting him until I can't lift my arm anymore. I don't remember this, I just remember getting up and seeing my friend laying on the ground. I didn't mean to do this. It's as if someone or something possesed me and I had no control. How can I control myself? What can I do to better myself? Any help will be greatly appreciated.How do I calm down in a bad situation? I have no self control?
It isn't always about sef-control. Sometimes people have 'rage blackouts' and don't remember a thing. Like me, for example, I don't drink or do drugs, but sometimes I get really angry. Find a better way to express your anger and you may not have as many. Pick karate, boxing, or kickboxing. Eat healthy and take care of yourself. A good thing to ask yourself is did I ever feel slighted when I was a kid? Do I ever feel slighted now? A lot of times words are better than throwing punches, but you definetely need fo find these things out, and express andger in a healthier way, with no consequences.





Best of luck :)How do I calm down in a bad situation? I have no self control?
If this only happens when drinking, I'd guess the alcohol impairs your good judgment. It affects some guys in this manner. Easy solution, don't drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment