Sunday, January 24, 2010

I downloaded software & I cant find it. I see it in Add/Remove Programs frm control panel but no where else.?

I have windows XP and it says it was successfully installed but I dont see it anywhere to click on it to open it. I dont see it when I click on Programs and the list comes up, but I do see it if I go to Control Panel and then Add/Remove Programs. Its a software called Microsoft .Net Framework.I downloaded software %26amp; I cant find it. I see it in Add/Remove Programs frm control panel but no where else.?
Microsoft .Net Framework is not an actual program, however, it provides resources for other .Net-based programs to run. Hence, it does not have an actual executable file to launch, so that's why there is no shortcut to the program in the Start Menu.


For .Net Framework, there is versions 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5. These also all have service packs and can all be downloaded from the Microsoft website.


For example, if you visit http://getpaint.net/ there is a program called Paint.NET for that reason - - it requires .NET Framework to run (version 2). Although its not an actual program, you should keep it on your computer in case you download/install a program in the future that requires the system resources provided by .NET Framework.





Good Luck. Hope this helps. Email me for more assistance.I downloaded software %26amp; I cant find it. I see it in Add/Remove Programs frm control panel but no where else.?
The Microsoft .NET Framework is a platform for building, deploying, and running Web Services and applications. It is being used in several ways, such as - user interface, data access, database connectivity, cryptography, web application development, numeric algorithms, and network communications. It provides a highly productive, standards-based, multi-language environment for integrating existing investments with next-generation applications and services as well as the agility to solve the challenges of deployment and operation of Internet-scale applications.


.


.


In common way - it is indeed needed for running many softwares and games and network applications that you use and is a resource of software development. So if you are not a software developer or core programmer, leave it as how it is.
start


my computer


Local disk (c:)


Program files

No comments:

Post a Comment