Friday, January 22, 2010

How to remote control my lawnmower? I have futaba radio and reciever hooked to (ESC), but no reverse function?

I have two 12 v dc motors run off a car battery, continually charged by a car 50 amp alternator run by the 6.5 h.p. lawnmower engine. One motor driving each rear wheel. I am controlling with a ';Futaba'; transmitter and reciever through a 12-15 volt 50 amp electronic motor speed controller to the two motors. When I hooked it up for a first trial, it resulted in three problems. I'll list them in order of importance to me but anybody answering any of them will be GREATLY appreciately by me!


1. There is no reverse function


2. When I release the joystick on the transmitter and it springs back to center, the motor should stop right? It doesen't. It doesn't stop untill I push the lever all the way towards the opposite direction from which I want the motor to turn. Kinda like even if there was reverse, I wouldn't have enough joystick movement to reach it.


3. The motor speed controller has a ';BEC'; 3 v battery eliminator circuit. I still need to hook up my 4 cell battery pack to use it?. HELP!How to remote control my lawnmower? I have futaba radio and reciever hooked to (ESC), but no reverse function?
This sounds cool! I am in fact making My own RC lawnmower! I have the frame made it is a all electric (blade too!) here is my website for it: http://www.geocities.com/o7buster/rclawn鈥?/a> I was going to do my wheels with out a speed controller, but after doing the math I figured out that it would go 10 MPH way to fast for mowing lawn(IF YOU WANT IT TO LOOK NICE!)that is why my wiring diagramn dosnt have a speed controller in it. What you need to do is connect the electronic speed controller to the battery and then to the throttle channel on the radio (if it is not electronic and it is manuel throttel type like from a scooter, just connect it with a servo to spin the throttle) from the controller you would split off to two center-off momentary switches controlled by servos (take a reversable cordlles screwdriver apart to see how to wire) you shouldnt have a problem with the conttroller wearing out from the starting current because if your conttroller is 50 amps your motors should only pull 2 to 5 amps and probably no more than 15 amps when starting. from the switches it would go to the motors. now with the conttroller you should have what is called a trim pot or trim nob it should say what channel each pot controlles, moving this should allow for the controller to stop in the middle position. EXPERIMENT with it! as for the controller ';BEC'; 3 v battery eliminator circuit, I think this may be a switch to turn the controller on and off, thats what mine do. Please tell me if this is helpfull!How to remote control my lawnmower? I have futaba radio and reciever hooked to (ESC), but no reverse function?
It would be much less hassle, and probably cheaper, too, if you paid a neighbor kid to mow the lawn while you layed in a hammock and ';remote controlled'; the kid by yelling commands at him like ';Stop';, ';Back Up';, ';Turn';, ';You Missed A Spot, Do It Again';. Then you wouldn't need batteries. Just a twelve pack and a megaphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment